Tuesday, January 16, 2001

7 days to go...

Over the past three years, I've probably been to Melbourne on at least 40 separate occassions, mostly for work purposes, but also to visit friends and family, and to attend some of the great events like the F1 Grand Prix, the Air Show, and of course the AFL. Next Wednesday, I'll be fulfilling an ambition that's been brewing for a while - Melbourne is going to become my home again.


I've been in Sydney for seven years - four years of university, and three years working at Com Tech, and I feel it's time for a change. Fortunately, I'll be able to change cities without needing to change jobs - I've been able to transfer my existing job to the Melbourne office, so I'll still be working with some of the same people, albeit mostly remotely. Should be an interesting challenge.


My MBA ambitions are essentially on hold while I complete my move. Things should be ramping up again in early February, after I've unpacked everything, and had a chance to review all the material that I've gather in both my online and on-site research.

No comments: