Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Kids Cancer Corporate Quiz

Andrew DentonI meant to blog about this on the weekend, but I left my laptop (and my mobile phone charger ;-) at work...

On Friday night, I had the honour of attending the Kids Cancer Corporate Quiz at the Darling Harbour Convention Centre here in Sydney. This was a huge fundraising event the Malcolm Sargent Cancer Fund for Children, emceed by none other than Enough Rope star Andrew Denton.

71 teams of 10, paying, I believe, $2000 per table, plus auctions for scores of donated prizes (I put in a bid for some Polo sunglasses, but was soon outbid by someone with more spare cash in their pocket). All up, the event would have easily raised over $200,000 for charity.

Our team, Hind Sight, finished a respectable 8th. The winners: a bunch of lawyers from Clayton Utz.

No comments: