Monday, November 20, 2000

New York, New York

The home of capitalism, world media, and the subway. I've been in New York for the past three days or so, taking in the various neighborhoods, visiting museums, and doing a bit of window shopping on Fifth Avenue. As expected, everything is a little bit more expensive here, although I've finally managed to find a trendy little internet cafe in the East Village that only charges $8/hr. (Kinkos wanted to charge me $18/hr !)


I've been walking in Central Park, visited the Statue of Liberty, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Guggenheim Museum. I've shopped on Fifth Avenue, and visited Times Square, and I've walked the streets of SoHo, TriBeCa, and just about every other neighbourhood south of Harlem. I was also fortunate enough to get tickets to see David Letterman (for those of you who were up late on Friday night, I was the one in the audience with the Harvard Business School sweater on ;-)


Visited NYU Stern last Thursday - as expected, it's way to focused on finance, and doesn't have much of a campus atmosphere. Interesting to visit nonetheless, and I'm going back there on Tuesday to attend an investment banking class. Columbia University in lined up for tomorrow, and Wharton on Thursday...

No comments: