Friday, December 15, 2000

Back in the land of Oz

Hmm, a little slack during the final few days of my US trip, wasn't I? Maybe I was enjoying myself too much ;-)


I drove out to Yosemite National Park for a couple of days. Amazing place - incredibly scenic. I walked amongst thousand-year-old redwood trees, and saw the giant cliffs on Half Dome and El Capitan. Very tempted to take up rockclimbing now, if only to to be able to one day climb El Capitan.


My final few days in the US were spent back in San Francisco, shopping, absorbing the Christmas spirit, and hanging out in Jazz and Blues bars. All up, a fantastic trip. It's amazing that it's only two months since I left Australia. I've seen and experienced so much in my short time away (and yet there's so much more to see and do whenever I next make it back there).


Back in Australia, nothing much has changed. The Olympic enthusiasm is over, and it's now pretty much business as usual. I'll be travelling around the east coast of Australia a bit over the next two to three weeks, going back and forth to Melbourne a few times, and spending a few days at Thredbo with my family. If all goes according to plan, I'll be settled in a new abode in Melbourne by mid to late January, and will be able to start on the next phase in the Long Road to MBA - the GMAT, which I hope to take in June.

No comments: