Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Proposed subjects for final term at MBS:

I've submitted my preferences for subjects for Term 4 back home at MBS. Similar to this term at Columbia, I'm going to do a mix of subjects. I'll post descriptions later, but here are my top five preferences:
  1. Marketing Strategy - the capstone subject in the marketing program at MBS; includes the simulation game MARKSTRAT
  2. Risk Management - taught by a visiting professor (John Bilson) - this subject will be very handy if I end up in banking post-MBA
  3. Managing New Ventures - an opportunity to put my Introduction to Venturing knowledge into practice; this subject is essentially a consulting project for an existing start-up
  4. Corporate Strategy - the name says it all; handy subject for CEOs and management consultants
  5. Negotiations - a mostly practical subject; should come in handy when negotiating that post-MBA salary package ;-)

If I don't get into all of these subjects, there are at least three other subjects available at MBS next term that I'd be very keen on doing. Should be an exciting semester!

No comments: