Monday, February 25, 2002

IT job market picking up?

Got a call from a head hunter the other day looking for a Team Lead for a Lotus Notes/Domino group who were slowly venturing into the world of Java/WebSphere/etc. $105 - $110K base, Melbourne, limited travel opportunities. Alas - I don't consider myself to be an IT person anymore*. It was amusing turning down a headhunter with the line "Sorry, not interested. I'd rather focus on my studies. But if you come across any positions where I can pull in a couple of hundred dollars a week, but only put in two to four hours of contact time, please let me know." He promised to stay in touch.

* That being said, I have ended up as the Co-Lead for IT / Strategy in the MBS Entrepreneurs Challenge this year, and I'm also advising a non-profit in Indonesia on their website strategy (soon to be launched at www.humanitarianprojectsindonesia.org). Both projects are completely pro bono.

No comments: