Monday, February 25, 2002

What's happening at MBS this week?

Two more recruitment presentations - Accenture and A.T. Kearney. I'll probably give Accenture a miss, as I know them fairly well already. I'm keen to find out a bit more about A.T. Kearney though, considering that EDS is their parent company. One of the guys on my course comes from EDS, and he's planning on using the MBA as an entry point to A.T. Kearney.

Also at MBS this week we have Allan Fels as a guest speaker. For those of you unfamilar with the Australian business scene, Allan Fels is the chairman of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (commonly referred to as the ACCC). Generally regarded as the Australian consumer watchdog, he has the power to block mergers, investigate pricing, and generally ensure a competitive business environment in our country. As an example of his work, the ACCC are presently protecting the rights on Playstation owners and "mod-chip" providers in a Federal Court case against Sony.

The study workload is building up in a big way. It's now Week Five. My first mid-term (Quantitative Analysis) is next week. I also have my first Marketing assignment due in seven days. We're already on to our fourth case study in Organisations, and I have heaps of readings to catch up on for Financial Accounting. I'm still maintaining an H1 average so far, so it's not all that bad.

No comments: