Thursday, June 20, 2002

Consulting Internship Application Season Final Update

Presentations attended: LEK, BCG, Bain, Deloitte, Booz, McKinsey

Applications submitted: LEK, BCG, Bain, Booz, McKinsey

1st Round interviews: McKinsey (07/06), Booz (12/06), LEK (13/06)

2nd Round interviews: No

Final Round interviews: No

Offers: No

Alas - it seems I'm not suited to the world of management consultancy - at least, not yet. I found the first round interviews with McKinsey, Booz, and LEK quite challenging. The whole good cop / bad cop thing was really starting to piss me off by the end of it all, and I'll admit I did stumble a bit on the more open-ended strategy case questions. Perhaps after completing a couple of Strategy courses in my MBA and a dozen or so more practice interviews, I might be good enough to make it through to the second round next time. It's been quite a humbling experience.

No comments: