Saturday, October 05, 2002

Week 5 Wrap-up

After an absolutely insane week of study last week culminating in four assignments due in two days, I've actually managed to take a step back from the rigours of the MBA and enjoy myself over the last couple of days. In the spirit of High Fidelity, one of the best movies of all time, here's this week's top five:

Top Five Memorable Moments of Week Five at Columbia:

  1. Seeing a girl at the business school cafeteria with a 'number one' haircut and a headpiece made out of circuit boards - fantastic example of a way to deal with the excess capacity in the technology industry. (alas, I do not have a photo to share with you ;-(
  2. Presenting a proposal (in jest) for Columbia Scholarships for Australian MBA students at a Presentation Skills Workshop on Friday. The theme of my presentation for closing the 'MBA Feasibility Gap.'
  3. Enjoying all the free food and drink at the all-day inauguration celebration for Columbia University's new president on Thursday.
  4. Despite number 3, realising the benefit of all the running I've been doing in New York, when I finally fitted into a pair of cool black jeans that I bought a couple of years ago (in anticipation that I'd fit into them ... one day).
  5. Spending Friday night out in 'the Village' catching up with some friends, going to a comedy club, and enjoying a Sam Adams or three at the local watering holes.

Of course, it's back to the study today. I have to go to the library for a few hours and get up to speed on Black-Scholes and other aspects of the world of Options, Futures, and Warrants.

No comments: