Saturday, October 12, 2002

What's in a name?

Kind of related to the previous post, I've been wondering whether javaboy.blogspot.com is still a suitable URL for my blog. Javaboy was a nickname given to me at my pre-MBA company waaaay back in 1996 when I was dabbling with java applets for the company intranet. It hasn't been used recently, and it just confuses people in the online community.

I've set up a placeholder blog at melbournemba.blogspot.com which I may consider switching to if I decide to stick with the MBA theme for the blog in the long-term. Some of you have been suggesting for quite a few years now that I should have my own domain name (adrianhind.com is still available . . . whatever happened to all those cybersquatters? ;-) It all comes down to how I want to brand myself. Who is my target market segment? What is my positioning strategy? Aaarggh! I've been reading too many marketing textbooks.

No comments: