Monday, March 18, 2002

First mid-term result

Woo hoo! Managed to top the class for the Quantitative Analysis mid-term exam. This was the exam that I had to reschedule (forward) in order to make it to Sydney in time for the funeral a couple of weeks ago. I think I've mentioned earlier that MBS has a policy of maintaining a 73% mean for all classes. As a result, for this particular mid-term, all of our exam results were scaled down by 4.5 percentage points. Interestingly, this makes it impossible for anyone to achieve a post-scaling result of 100%. Perhaps it would be better to distribute the results over a normal distribution curve, around a mean of 73%. This way my individual score would actually have been scaled up, despite the fact that the class average for raw scores was actually above 73%.

LOL! I'm using QA thinking to analyse my QA results ;-) Simple analysis: looks like I'm doing well so far in QA. Perhaps I should focus my study efforts on the qualitative subjects like Marketing and Organisations.

No comments: