Saturday, March 23, 2002

Glad that's over

Mid-terms are finally over. After a grueling Managerial Economics mid-term yesterday afternoon, we all celebrated with a big BBQ and plenty of beer in the b-school courtyard (many thanks to the MBS Health Professionals Club for hosting this event). Afterwards, I was absolutely exhausted, so I piked on the bar(s) options, and headed home. So ends week eight of the MBA.

We have five weeks of classes remaining, during which time I have four syndicate assignments to work on, then it's straight into final exams - one each morning during the week of April 29th - May 3rd. Also in the next few weeks I need to put in my application for Term 3 exchange, and I need to submit my preferences for electives for Term 2.

We have nine subjects in the core curriculum at MBS - Organisations, Marketing, Managerial Economics, Quantitative Analysis for Managers, Financial Accounting, Business Strategy, Economics & Public Policy, Information Systems, and Valuations & Financial Analysis - and eleven electives. Fortunately, I should be able to substitute out of Information Systems given my undergraduate studies in BIT and my recent industry experience. As a result, I'll be able to finish the core and complete two electives during Term 2. So far, I'm considering Business Law, Managing Innovation, and Decision Analysis, but there are around a dozen electives available, including several half-unit subjects.

No comments: