Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Not happy Jan

Well, we're at two down, and three to go, but I definitely wasn't happy with exam number two. It was dejavu all over again as the entire first-year MBA class, and a bunch of part-timers, gathered in the massive examination hall on main campus - around 200 of us sitting David Trende's Financial Accounting exam.

I completed enough to pass, but was taught a serious lesson in time management as I rushed to put together a financial statement analysis of Fosters for 2001. Supposedely, by the end of the MBA, we'll be able to pick up an Annual Report, and provide an educated inciteful analysis of the company in under an hour. Well let me tell you - I definitely ain't there yet.

We have another subject in the core next term - Valuations and Financial Analysis and there's an elective offered later on in the course called Financial Statement Analysis. Hopefully, after I've completed both of those courses, I'll be able to report back to you more favourably.

Anyway, I have to put this behind me for the time being. My next exam in Marketing, tomorrow morning, so it's time to start thinking about customers, and the magic four P's.

No comments: