Wednesday, July 03, 2002

New York resources: nycwireless.net

A New Yorker on my MBA course here in Melbourne was telling me about coffee shops in Manhattan that offered free wireless Internet access (Build it and they will come). nycwireless.net is an initiative to provide free wireless access to the public, which is fantastic news for me since I'll need a wireless card on my laptop to access the network at Columbia.

"NYCwireless provides free wireless Internet service using wireless technology to mobile users in public spaces throughout the New York City metropolitan area. These public spaces include parks, coffee shops, and building lobbies. NYCwireless intends to work with public and other nonprofit organizations to bring broadband wireless Internet to under-served communities"

No comments: