Friday, July 19, 2002

T minus 35 days...

Five weeks. Two assignments. One presentation. One take-home exam. Four final exams.

This is it, the final countdown. In a little over a month, I'll be off on my round-the-world adventure of self-discovery, world-class education, and potential career advancement.

Now, supposedly, I'm meant to get my New York accommodation offer today (New York time). Here's hoping for that luxury apartment overlooking central park at a bargain price of $500. (In reality, I expect to be in a share apartment without a view, located somewhere around 110th St, and with a price tag closer to $800*).

Some other good news - I've been short-listed for a nice fat scholarship which could potentially cover my remaining tuition expenses at MBS. I have an interview scheduled for next Tuesday, at which I plan to impress the sponsoring organising with my career achievements and ambitions in the areas of leadership, communication, and raw analytical talent. ;-) Although it won't make any difference to my present cash-flow crunch, the scholarship would make a significant difference to my financial well-being post-MBA.

(* For those unfamiliar with the US apartment rental system, rents are usually quoted in US dollars per month. A one-bedroom apartment in New York usually costs US$1000 - $1500 per month, but Columbia provides subsidised accomodation to graduate students.)

No comments: