Tuesday, July 16, 2002

What's the point of a decaf coffee?

In an effort to ensure a full night's sleep before my 9:00am Strategy class this morning, I decided to finish off a dinner out last night with a slice of cheesecake (yum!) and a decaf coffee. This was a first for me - it tasted the same, but didn't make me *feel* any better.

I didn't end up getting my full night's sleep, as I ended up on the phone for a couple of hours when I got home. As a result, I was in a rush this morning, and didn't have the time to buy a coffee before class. Let me tell you - I was really struggling. I didn't have the energy or the enthusiasm to contribute to the discussion (the case in question was The Body Shop, which is actually a really interesting values/PR/branding case), and instead sat in class continually looking up to the clock, waiting for 10:30 to come along so I could get my first coffee.

I tell you - I think I must be addicted.

No comments: