Saturday, September 21, 2002

Add this one to your New York 'To Do' list - Arthur's Landing

I ventured out of New York state last for this first time since my arrival, to visit a restaurant called Arthur's Landing in New Jersey. I'll admit it's not very far out of New York state (7 minutes on the ferry), but that's America for you.

While enjoying a seafood platter, a delectable rack of lamb, good company and interesting conversation, I looked out the floor-to-ceiling windows at the evening view of mid-town Manhattan from across the Hudson River. I'm not sure if it was the ferry trip or the company, but I was feeling very 'Sydney' all of a sudden. Perhaps I'm a little homesick.

(This was also my first opportunity to notice the gap in the skyline where the WTC used to be. I haven't visited Ground Zero yet, and to tell you the truth - I'm in no hurry to do so.)

No comments: