Saturday, September 21, 2002

Anniversary

It feels like a lot longer, but it's now a year to the day since I last did any paid work. On Sept 20th last year, I took my retrenchment package from Com Tech / Dimension Data after more than four years with the company. I was hoping Anthony (who took a retrenchment package just last week) would have posted his post-mortem essay by now, because I never really posted one in 2001.

Com Tech was a fantastic company with brilliant management and high aspirations. I truly admired its founder, David Shein, as a CEO, leader, and motivator. Unfortunately an international acquisition and a receeding economy caused major headaches for Com Tech. Hundreds of people have been laid off. Customers have left in droves, and the remaining staff, for the most part, do not have the same level of enthusiasm and loyalty that we all used to share together.

No comments: