Wednesday, January 16, 2002

And so it begins...

Orientation doesn't officially start until next Monday, but today will go down in my personal history as the first day of my MBA. I attended a "pre-week" dinner at Totos on Lygon St. Roughly 40-50 students, mostly 1st year international students, a few 2nd year students, and the rare 1st year local student, gathered for a meet and greet dinner, followed by drinks at a couple of local pubs. A few early stats: from what I gathered this evening, there are around 160 full-time students in my course, of which over 100 are international. This evening I met students from South Africa, Taiwan, China, Germany, India, and the USA. We're an incredibly diverse bunch, but the former IT professional looking for a career change seems to be reasonably common. More news tomorrow...

No comments: