Saturday, January 12, 2002

Ever walked out of a restaurant without paying?

Back in Sydney on Thursday morning I took my Auntie out for breakfast to an old haunt of mine, the Concrete Cafe in Pyrmont. It's a wonderful little minimalist cafe, with my standard Eggs Benedict, OJ, and Latte always available. We were there for a good hour and a half or so, until I realised I was late for another (breakfast) appointment, at which point we just got up and left. My Auntie caught a cab, and I walked almost all the way back to my car, before realising that we'd never been presented with a bill or even thought about paying.

I ran back to the cafe and settled the bill. The staff hadn't yet realised we'd left ;-) I've never intentionally stolen a meal from a restaurant, but I came close to accidently doing so this time.

No comments: