Wednesday, January 09, 2002

'Holidays' nearly over

Well, it's been over three months since I was retrenched in September, and I must admit, I don't think I've ever felt more relaxed. I've spent the past couple of weeks back in Sydney going out with friends, spending time on the beach, visiting family, and even camping amidst the NSW bush fires. My MBA at Melbourne Business School starts on January 29th, with Orientation activities beginning on the 16th, so I'm heading home tomorrow to prepare for that. Need to read a few textbooks and catch up on a few issues of The Economist before classes start. I fear that I might have trouble getting back into the 'busy' zone, after having such an extended break. From my brief online discussions with my soon-to-be classmates, it seems that they are a handful of us in a similar situation, so maybe we'll be able to band together on our way back into the zone. For the most part though, I've really enjoyed my time off. I've had a chance to travel both domestically and internationally, I've started down the path of learning a new language, and I've been able to share several experiences with some of my closest friends. I have no fear of retirement anymore (says the seasoned 25-year-old). In fact, I'm looking forward to it. A few more years to go before I'm financially independent though... ;-)

No comments: